Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Return to Work

My days just went from snuggles, laughing and fun all day to busy busy busy, go go go, time for bed and do it again tomorrow... 

I was so proud of myself when I was able to leave the house smiling this morning; after getting an "I love you" sign from my Emma, while she sat eating breakfast with Grampa C, and hugs and kisses from my husband and parents.  Work was fine...It was great to see everyone!  But then I got home, and remembered...by the time you make dinner, eat dinner, clean up, feed baby, get pjs on and ready for bed...it's time for babies to go to bed and that's that for time spent w/the babies.  The saddest thing is teaching Rylee to soothe herself (so she isn't in shock at daycare since I'm sure she will not be the only baby to need someone all the time).  I go all day needing and missing her, only to come home and attempt to teach her not to need me.  I understand it's for her own good as far as being able to have others soothe her as well as self soothe...but it's terribly sad.  But at least I made it until 9pm before I officially broke down on my first day back.  It will get easier for us all... I am just SO thankful my parents are here to help us with making dinner, clean up and all the 'not so fun' parts of the evening so I could take advantage of the extra time with my girls.  Next week, when they start daycare and my parents aren't here...it's going to be ROUGH.

4 comments:

  1. But you have friends like me and kara that have your back with anything you need. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! And for that I am also thankful! Please tell your mom the bread was amazing and Thank you! XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought back memories. I was able to stay home after I had Kara until she was 6 mo. old. Kara has an older sister that is 1 yr older than her. Same situation you have. Then Hubby stated that I needed to figure out a way to bring in some $.....I struggled with leaving the 2 girls during the day. I got a job bartending at night so that I could still be with my daughters during the day! It was hard, no sleep, but, well worth it! I was able to work 3 nights a week, make the same amt of $ that I would at a regular day job and still be with them during the day. When you add up the day care costs, gas, clothes, food etc. how much are you really making? If you are able to make $, then you have to do it. If you are making only a couple $100's after all expenses, how can you make that $ from home? Research other ways. there are many ways to make money from home! I wish you luck and I enjoy reading your posts. Wish this stuff would of been available when I was a young Mom! Also, I had a network of friends and we helped each other out immensly!! The girls didn't understand my network of Mom friends, but, one day they will!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we have gone over all of those options, but it just makes more sense for me to work. If that ever were to change then we would definately rethink our options. It would be great to stay home with them, but it also is nice to work...I do like it. Just a tough transition to get back into. It will be nice when Rylee is a little older and doesn't get so tired/cranky early. Tonight was much easier and went very smooth. Let's keep nights like tonight coming... : ) Thank you for your support!!

    ReplyDelete