Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daughters

I've decided to start blogging because of my daugthers.  It is amazing what they are teaching me each and every day while I attempt to teach them how to grow and of what all the world has to offer them.  When you bring a life into the world it is the most amazing experience and you are forever changed.  Almost 2 years ago now my husband and I welcomed to the world our first daughter, Emma Kay.  Neither of us were prepared for what we were about to become...first time parents...something that no one is able to prepare you for.  Now since then we have welcomed our second daughter, Rylee Drew, about 2 1/2 months ago.  Being experienced parents we should know it all, right?  Ha.... The hardest part of having a second is remembering that baby #2 is NOT baby #1.  Rylee is 100% different than her older sister. However, this time around we are able to relax and enjoy more since we understand to go with the flow and learn who she is, what she likes, and what works/doesn't work. The BEST piece of advice given to me (and you get a lot of wanted & UNwanted advice as a parent) was the most simple, true words "Do what works for you and your family" and these are words we live by as parents which have made things smooth and enjoyable for us!  I hope you enjoy reading along as we learn from/with and experience our daughters and the joy they bring to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment